Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!!!

It is now 2005. Weren't we supposed to have flying cars by now? Mine doesn't fly. It barely moves past the posted speed limits of residential areas. There's so much to look back upon in 2004. Some great ones and some not so great.
4th Season of Six Feet Under was great. The Simple Life....not so much.
The Incredibles were incredible. Open Water was far from being incredible.
Modest Mouse was a refreshing new addition. Ashlee Simpson left something to be desired.
Political cartoons were clever. Political debates rehashed the same issues over and over again.
Climbing to the top of Mt. Whitney was exhilarating. Being in Arizona in July was miserable.
Being in love was exciting. Falling out of love was depressing.

It was a year when I got an invitation to my 10yr high school reunion. I thought that was something that OLD people did, not someone young like me! Going forward, my 10yr high school reunion will be a thing of the past. Now that is a scary thought.
All I know is that this past year has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I was just getting used to 2004 and now I have to learn a whole new year!

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Astera said...

Don't you hate it when the year changes but you still keep writing 2004 on all your checks? Of course, maybe people don't write checks anymore. Maybe it's all automatic transfers and online bill pay. I'm stuck in the old days, though. I still write checks. How hopelessly 1990s!

I'm glad you're writing again. It's a good outlet, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home