Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Sunday, March 13, 2005

So Cal Livin'


Sunset in the marina. Posted by Hello
Life in Southern California probably doesn't get any better than this. Snowboarding in a thin long-sleeved top one day and sailing in heavy duty sweatshirts the next day. Why and how can anyone live anywhere else but here?
Have you ever been on a boat for so long that when you're back on land, you still feel the rocking? Well, that's me right about now. After a 7hr sailing day, all I can feel right now is the rocking...and the occasional "Kelp off starboard!" ringing in my ear still.
Between the sun and snow yesterday, and the UVA/UVB rays that still pierce through the marine layer, I have a nice set of raccoon eyes going right now. I had SPF30 on, but that didn't help enough. What's the point of putting on sunscreen when you still get burned??? I guess it lessens the severity, but my face still looks like a nocturnal animal that scrounges for food in trashcans.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, i'm jealous. africa is great and all, but we have sandstorms and camel meat. how about you send me a care package with some snow and hot californian chics? --lamb

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Your right, why would anyone live anywhere else? ;)

Sounds like a great time; and the worst with too much sun and being on a boat all day is when you lay down to sleep and everything as still rolling around.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home