Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fancy titles

So, I have to study for an exam for work. It's so that I can have a fancy title after my name. Who doesn't like fancy titles? Some people like to have several titles after their name. Do you think this is excessive: John Doe, MBA, JD, MD, PhD, CFA, CFP, CLU, CPA, ChFC. I'm sure there's someone out there with just that many titles.
Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting as many advanced degrees as is humanly possible, but you have to stop and think sometimes...what does it all mean and does it really equal a bigger paycheck?
Either way, I have to study again, after a brief hiatus during "winter break". I didn't realize that there was any significance in an indifference curve that's been blended with a utility curve. WTF???? Yeah, exactly....
Square root of sigma squared times your mom!!!!

[Can you tell that my brain is very disagreeable with all this studying?? My college friends all know this about me though...]

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Dern said...

I did that a couple years ago. Studied for a couple months to take my licensing exam. Blech.

Don't get too many titles....the people I've met with tons of titles don't seem that bright...

Loren Dern, PE (OR)....PE stands for dumbass extraordinaire

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My MBA meant a bigger paycheck for me :)
But I did think i would get to say MBA at the end of my name.
But realized I'd look like a bigger horses ass than I already accomplish on my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home