Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Getting delirious

I have been awake for way too long. I had a 15hr work day today and it is now 1:40am. I am taking a break before I do something productive again.
Why do we work such long hours? Who established the 40hr work week and why do we not observe it? I would be happy working just 40hrs/wk. Of course, I would probably have to clock in and out which would not be my idea of fun.
I'm preparing for a presentation that I will be giving tomorrow. I'm beginning to feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Now I know why I'm not in investment banking.
I would like to propose four 10hr days and 3 day weekends. I think we would be a more productive society if we can all adhere to this. Who's going to join me???

3 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger claire said...

North American workweeks are the pits! we're losers who work too much and all of Europe has it right. I am with you.
nice site!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

It's funny that the Euro is valued higher than the dollar and we're the ones working like dogs...how the hell does that make sense??? Thanks for stopping by!! :)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Dern said...

A long time ago I had a job that let me work four 10s. I think I was more productive and man the weekend was great. 40+ hours including some weekends isn't right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home