Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Epic conditions at Mammoth

With all this unusually high rainfall that we've had in Southern California, it can only mean one thing. You guessed it! SNOW!!! Lots of it! We're talking 2ft of snow every 24hrs! Soft, powdery snow that makes it really hard to walk through when it is waist high!
We left all the miserable, rain soaked, congested freeways of L.A. to be greeted with beautiful, fresh snow and semi-clear skies!
Sat. morning, we were greeted with intermittent sunlight and a dusting of snow all day long. The top of the mountain was beautiful at 27 degrees with 10-30mph winds! Of course, it didn't stay that nice all day which is why the top got shut down around noon, but we had already "been there, done that...." We spent the afternoon on the fun runs around Goldrush Express and Chair 8. The conditions were truly epic and something that I don't think I'll ever see in my lifetime again. As EP would say "If I had died and gone to heaven and was told that I can create the most desirable conditions to board in, this is it!" I love Mammoth.
Ever notice how snowboarders and surfers mingle with the same crowd? The speech pattern is very similar as well. Of course, it could be that most of them are stoners and that could have something to do with the way people talk.
"Hey man, can you take out the trash?"
"Sure, no problem, bro."
"Hey bro, can you hand me my goggles?"
"Sure, dude."
I think that boarding all day and then watching "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" makes you realize the similarities between the two crowds more than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home