Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, March 14, 2005

Trader Joe's

Do you ever go to the grocery store and wonder how you could have spent that much and why you spent so much time in there? I have a tendency to spend entire afternoons, split between Costco and Trader Joe's. Today was a TJ day. I am the perfect candidate for marketing studies. A strategically placed display will most definitely sell me. Why do you think I got those Altoids gum, white tea iced tea, marinara sauce, and fruit strips?? I admit it, I'm a sucker for displays that catch my eye. I'm an impulse buyer, especially at TJs. There's just something about TJs that makes you want to buy everything in the store...maybe it's the Hawaiian shirts or the fact that most of the things they sell is organic/natural.
I hate being an impulse buyer. I feel like a puppet to the marketing gods that set up the displays so cleverly. I play right into their plans. I even bought the flowers that were in the front of the store because they were only $0.99. Did I need them? No. But they were cheap and they "lighten the room with springtime blossoms."

4 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Dern said...

I have this mental picture of Bruingirl at an ABC Store....goes into one, buys a Lei at the entrance, goes into another, same thing....eventually a walking mound of leis.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Oh no...you just did not say that b/c you know what I'm going to have to say next..."At least I'm getting 'lei'ed'."

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Astera said...

There are three delicious things that I must have from Trader Joe's on a regular basis:
1. French onion soup, which is weird, because I don't like cheese, but I manage to pick most of it off.
2. Trader Ming's chicken potstickers
3. Frozen tempura vegetables. Dee-licous.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

I haven't tried the potstickers or the frozen tempura veggies yet. I'll have to try those...
I always have on hand, whole wheat pasta, turkey meatballs, Morningstar farm stuff, and frozen biryani. I just recently disovered their Thai Iced Tea in a can! VERY yummy stuff! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home