Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Sunday

Every year, the Superbowl provides an opportunity for companies to create a commercial ad that would justify the millions of dollars that are eventually spent. Some companies like to throw in big name celebrities like P. Diddy or Jay Mohr. Others like to throw in Playboy playmates or other sexually enticing women.

Go daddy, a website registration site, had to go through quite a few revisions before one of their commercials could air on national TV. Considering the decrease in effectiveness of running a TV ad these days, the prices of Superbowl ads are still running high. Honestly, I don't know how seeing a baby clydesdale pulling a Budweiser wagon is going to make me want to go out and buy a Budweiser. I'm still going to be a Miller Light girl. Why? The taste and the amount of carbs and calories.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see how some of these ads could actually increase market share in already oversaturated markets. So, what was your favorite commercial(s) this past Sunday? Mine was the Ameriquest Mortgage commercial - what was yours?

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

The Ameriquest in the hospital was my favorite as well. Although the Nationwide one w/ Fabio was pretty good as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home