Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, December 19, 2005

Elevator or stairs?

Elevators are a great invention. They allow us to move quickly from the first floor to the 20th floor or however high in the sky you would like to be. Can you imagine having to walk up 20-30 flights of stairs everyday? We would all have great butts and quads, but I digress....

The other day, I decided to take the elevator to the 6th floor where I work. A lady got into the elevator with me and then she pressed the "2" button. Isn't that the next floor up? Excuse my ignorance, but the last time I checked, there was a set of stairs to the 2nd floor. Not only that, but she didn't have a limp or any problems walking. As far as I could tell, she had a set of perfectly capable legs and feet that would have carried her up a flight of stairs.

Now, I know that in some buildings, there are no stairs that are accessible by the regular public, but my building has a large, open stairway that sweeps down into our lobby. It's large and inviting! It screams to be used! Why those on the 2nd floor do not take advantage of this is a mystery to me. It takes much longer to wait for the elevator than it does to walk up the flight of stairs. Perhaps I'm being too harsh. Perhaps these people have a fear of stairs - bathmophobia. Perhaps they have ambulophobia - a fear of walking. I really should be more sensitive to people and their logical fears. After all, I am a bananaphobic, verbophobic (which makes no sense considering how verbose I can be at times) chrysophobe.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Aww, man, but Orange is making a comeback.....

Sincerely,

The Spamophobic, Tonsurephobic, Insulaphobe

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger katar said...

I like girls who take elevators (avoiding stairs) but then use a stair MACHINE (simulating the stair-climbing experience that they just avoided). Very inconsistent. At least men are consistent; either we're lazy- we use the elevator and never work out, OR we take the stairs and also hit the gym. Men make more sense (more logical), but women are smarter. Women have to be smarter in order to explain all their bs. Like, for example, why they use a stair machine but not stairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home