Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Networking

I attended a networking event last night in Santa Monica. Where do I begin to describe the types of people that were there? I don't know if this is how it is in other cities and states, but I got to meet a hypnotherapist, a Feng Shui consultant, a restaurant consultant, a life coach, and a body sculptor. It sounds like the beginning of a really bad joke...

I tried to keep an open mind as I engaged in conversation with these people. Perhaps they would be interested in a SEP-IRA? Perhaps they would be interested in buying some stocks?

My biggest questions was: How do these people earn a living? I mean, seriously, a hypnotherapist? I've seen those hypnotherapist shows where people are hypnotized and end up doing silly things, but in a corporate environment? I am going to hypnotize you and order you to promote me to CEO. I am also going to order you to give me a 400% pay raise. Actually, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.....

My new career path? I am going to be a hypnotherapeutic financial advisor. "You want to buy those stocks. You want to give me more of your money to manage...."

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Must hand over money......

(Actually the time I saw my financial advisor who takes care of my IRA from my last job on what to do with my measly investments; the conversation pretty much ended up like that....)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

True to form....true to form....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home