Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Red Paperclip

Have you heard of this guy? Some Canadian dude traded his one red paperclip for a variety of things to work his way up to a house! Can you believe that???

I think the whole concept of the Internet community, a la Craigslist for example, is so fascinating! People geniunely want to help other people accomplish their dreams and goals, even if they are strangers!

Can you even imagine something like this happening 15 years ago? What's even scarier is that some of the kids these days cannot imagine life without the Internet. Wow....I just felt really old right there for a second....

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome story. Fortunately, for people who would like to do the same sort of thing without going to all the trouble of setting up and maintaining their own blog and what not, there's already a website that will let you do this sort of stuff.

It may or may not be what you're looking for, but could be usefull:
www.oneredpaperclip.com.au

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Dern said...

I saw that the other day. First thought was d*mn wish I woulda thought of that.

(second thought was....I suck at barter.....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home