Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Jude...not Joe, not Josh, but Jude

One of my favorite musicians is a small, local guy named Jude. That's it. Not Jude Smith or Jude Jones or anything like that. Just Jude. Okay, he really does have a last name, but it's really of no significance. For those of you unfamiliar with Jude, he's like a bluegrassy Ben Folds type of music with really funny lyrics. I hope that makes sense; otherwise, feel free to check out his music on his website.
He plays at small, cool venues like Club Largo. Yep! I'm cooler than you because I know where this club is and you don't. The place has been around for awhile and is probably one of my favorite venues for small, local bands/musicians. The place only holds about 40-50 people and you can make reservations for dinner, just before the show starts. It makes for a great evening out!
As much as I love going out in Hollywood, the parking situation is just ridiculous! Is it just me or has it gotten progressively worse over the years? Actually, I know it's gotten worse. Now you need a green permit to park on one street and then a yellow permit to park on another street. Of course, if you have green 13, that's not going to fly with green 14...which is what you need to park on the other side of the street.
Also, for whatever reason, some of these places don't have valet! Who would have thought there would be a place in Hollywood that is valet-less?? Even my gym has valet! Okay, maybe not anymore, but we used to have valet service at my gym.
Enough ranting....the key point which I seem to have missed here is this: Jude is awesome. Check him out sometime. Club Largo is a great venue. Check out their schedule and just go see someone live. Great venue + great music = fun night!

1 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger Lacey said...

Hey, stumbled accross your blog and had a read. Thought i'd drop you a line and say hello. Thanks for the read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home