Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Back to Reality

Reality stinks. It really does. I had been in a tropical paradise until yesterday. That paradise is known as Costa Rica. I was there from the 21st until late Tues. night. As I sit here in my office, in front of a computer, I am wondering why I am here. Why am I not in Costa Rica, on the beach? Keeping up with the Joneses has never seemed as asinine as it does now. We are a society of overstimulated and overworked individuals. There is too much information readily available and too much of an obsession to improve the bottom line. Whatever happened to enjoying life for what it is?
Am I turning into a hippie? CA is probably reading this disapprovingly. Costa Rica (CR) is the most beautiful country! The variety of topography in one tiny country is truly amazing! We went from watching an active volcano erupt to traversing through a tropical rainforest to surfing the beach breaks of Tamarindo. We saw crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, snakes, bright orange crabs, parakeets, and poisonous frogs. We hiked, surfed, drove, drank, ate, zip-lined, and laughed.
It was an unforgettable adventure in paradise...

5 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Astera said...

Ooh, Greg is going to be so jealous! He insists that the United States is going to hell in a handbasket under GW's leadership, so he's trying to convince me to move to Costa Rica...permanently. He thinks that we can become coffee farmers and live like royalty, but despite this country's "fearless leader," I'm not too keen on the idea of becoming an expatriate. A visit to Costa Rica, though...that sounds nice.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Dern said...

Soy jealoso (2 years of high school Spanish and all I have to show for it is the proper conjugation of "to be").

You're right. Why does our society try to cram everything in?

Sidenote: Probably only Southern CA reading disapprovingly (talk about keeping up with the Joneses....)

Sounds like an awesome time....again Soy Muy Jealous.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Astera - if you guys decide to move down there, I am right there with you crazy kids!!! I am seriously considering moving down to CR.
Dern - Soy jealoso?? VERY nice!!! There's nothing quite like taking an English word and coining a whole new Spanish word w/ it!! ;-)

Let's all just move to CR!!! There are soooo many expats down there who are truly living the "pura vida" life!!!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger wildwildreally said...

Yeah! Why are you NOT in Costa Rica, or Barcelona, on the beach?? Why not?? JAJAJA I want to be on the beach, NOW!!! Spain is the most beautiful country! Sure!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

You're right, wild! I SHOULD be on the beach in Costa Rica or Barcelona! I'm on the beach in California though.... :-D Not too bad either.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home