Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Perfect Salmon Recipe

First of all, I would like to give mad props to Astera for giving me this recipe. It is probably the easiest thing you could possibly do to a salmon filet besides throwing it on a grill and squeezing lemon juice on it. It is a recipe that has gotten rave reviews from all my friends! I know you want to know the secret to this extremely simple marinade....Okay, here it is:
2 parts maple syrup and 1 part soy sauce. Marinate the salmon in this concoction for at least 1 hour. Rub the salmon with cracked black pepper and place the filets, skin side down, on lightly greased cookie sheet. Place in oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Serve with whole wheat couscous, steamed broccoli, and wine....lots of wine. :)
This meal has been Bruingirl approved and you can consume it without any sort of a guilty conscience, that is, unless you're on the Atkins diet. Then, you would have to do without the couscous....or the broccoli....or the wine. That's no fun. If you were on the Atkins diet, I would have to whack you upside the head and wonder where I went wrong in picking my friends....ha! I knew a girl once who was on it. I saw her 6 months later and she had grown another 30% bigger. Yet, she was wearing a skirt....a short skirt. Why do girls do this? It's always the girls who shouldn't be wearing certain outfits that do that sort of thing. Do we really want to see the cottage cheese oozing out between the extremely short skirt and the knee high boots? Hell no!! Do guys really appreciate that? I would certainly hope not...then again....we ARE talking about the male species.... ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home