Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, August 01, 2005

Terrible TV shows

I feel like I'm being redundant by preceding "TV shows" with the word "terrible". Why? Well, because I feel as though I'm pointing out the obvious. All TV shows are terrible. Why in the world would people watch some of these shows that exist???? What idiot at the studio gave the "a-okay" for these shows to be produced???

As if we don't already have enough TV shows based on Southern California towns, I just discovered another charming show! It's called "Laguna Beach: The Real OC", on MTV. It claims to be a reality show, but is so scripted that you would have to be an idiot to think that it was the real deal. HP and I were running down the list of all the shows named after SoCal towns and its amazing how many there were! There was "Pasadena", "Beverly Hills: 90210", "Melrose Place", "The OC", "Laguna Beach", and "Baywatch" which was based in Malibu. Am I missing any? I'm waiting for "The Southbay - Life of a Surfer" or "Palos Verdes: Making the Grade" or "Brentwood - The OJ days".

The people who watch these lame ass shows need to be beat (btw, this site has the greatest list of people that are in need of some serious beating). I mean, seriously, don't you people have anything better to do with your lives? Maybe try going to the gym? Maybe try reading a book? Maybe try serving your community?

7 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Don't forget "Lost", "North Shore" and "Gilligan's Island".....oh wait, wrong state.....(and I'm pretty sure Gilligan's wasn't filmed on location either.....)

Whose on your beat list??

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

My beat list consists of (in addition to the already compiled list):

1. Paris Hilton and her stupid dog
2. Britney and Kevin
3. The Olsen twins
4. Lindsay Lohan
5. Rick Dees (local DJ who is so friggin lame!)

Who's on yours?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger katar said...

Maybe try serving your community?
Maybe try writing in a blog? Like, totally.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger katar said...

One more thing... this is what i mean by cynical but with a zest for life-- labelling people stupid and others who deserve a beating, but mentioning public service and self-improvement. Exactly.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Dern said...

(my "deeply" thought out comment must have disappeared into blogger void)

Whose ;) on my list? Tough question here in the land of Aloha....lessee...

1. Someone involved in the construction project here.
2. Tom Cruise.
3. The Portland marketing people who thought the Everything Radio Station would be better than the Oldies Station.
4. Patrick.
5. Myself.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Patrick - I'm serving my community by ridiculing the people most in need of ridicule (i.e. the "beat" list). If I really want to do good for my community, I would get rid of some of these people altogether, but I think that goes against that whole "morality" thingie.... ;-)

Dern - Ah yes...blogger void....nothing better than that....help! I'm stuck in here... in blogger void...where am I??? How do I get out??? Someone asked me the other day if they could see my creative writing. I referred them to my blog site...

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Oh man.....I've been foiled. I thought everything here was serious. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home