Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Negligent blogger

I feel like I've been neglecting my blogging duties. It's been a week and I haven't blogged. Why? Because I've been busy. Mostly, because I couldn't think of anything to write within a quick 10 minutes. Who wants to take more than 10 minutes to write a quick blurb on insignificant events? Oh, wait.....some people actually get PAID to do things like that.

Our company golf tournament was on Thursday. I thought Mr. Spitzer had made our lives completely miserable so that we can't have any fun in the securities industry, but apparently, some things are still under the radar. Either way, there's nothing better than a free golf tournament and seeing all your colleagues drunk. The lesson learned from the day? "Yes, they are free golf balls, but you still have to retrieve them!"

7 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger katar said...

I don't want to get blamed for the anonymous comments. I like it better when you write about general topics. Like the vaccination one, that was good. The office parties, not so much. Maybe people who know you want to hear about what you had for lunch, i don't know. I like your sort of optimistic cynicism. It's cynical but always comes across very positive with a zest for life. That's all. Keep writing. Bye.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Optimistic cynicism. Hmmm...sounds like an oxymoron. Hey! I think that's exactly what I am! Well, whaddya know???

I have no zest for life. Life sucks. I think I will dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it. I can disappear from this world for good. Yeah....that'll be sweet.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Dern said...

I'm not sure about the rest of the blog-o-sphere, but I usually spend hours developing characters, fleshing out the plot, coming up with a "gotta make you think" climax with a swift denuouement (sp?).....oh wait your right, I don't.......

Don't dig too deep of a hole. We'd like to see you resurface sometime. :)

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

BTW, "your right" should be "you're right". Miss Grammar here....

Resurface? Who wants to resurface when there's a nice hole in the ground??? I like my hole in the ground.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Your right ( ;) ) only prairie dogs like to resurface.

(the hole thread is making me think of Jack in the Box...or Happy Gilmore)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home