Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, July 11, 2005

Wedding Season

It is that time of year when weddings are plentiful and brides are frantically ironing out the last minute details, while engaging in some sort of hostile combat with their mothers. Luckily for me, I just attended my last wedding for this year. Yay!!! My wedding season started early in May and now I don't have to worry about weddings for probably another year....unless there's a sudden shotgun wedding. This year's litany of weddings required me to travel to Yucca Valley to Cabo to Anaheim.
Some people despise weddings. Personally, I think they are loads of fun! It's an excuse to get together with friends and take advantage of the open bar for several hours. It's an excuse to "get down" on the dance floor and do the Macarena. I thought that dance had died in the 90s, but apparently, it is able to rear its ugly head at weddings. The only thing we needed to top the night off would have been "Achy Breaky Heart" for the electric slide.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Dern said...

When's your shotgun wedding again??

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

I didn't tell you that it's next weekend???

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Dern said...

(funny I'll be in California next weekend)

I could just take the 10 hour drive down from Sacramento and make it just in time to see the festivities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home