Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Crazy pilots?

Apparently, several commercial and airline transport pilots were indicted for fraud. They had failed to report physiological and psychological conditions that would have otherwise rendered them unfit to fly. They found pilots who were diagnosed with "schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol addiction, disabling back pain and severe heart conditions."

That's always good to know, don't you think? There's nothing better than putting your life in someone else's hands, especially when they might confuse themselves as a dog. I love talking to my roommate after he's had a long day of work - he's a pilot. I always feel better about flying when he says things like "I was so tired, I was half asleep!" Granted, there is the whole auto-pilot, but that can only carry the plane so far....

It's like when you hear about doctors who are cocaine addicts. Yeah, I want a triple bypass performed by a surgeon who did an 8-ball last night....no, scratch that....who did an 8-ball this morning.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dern said...

And to imagine, I couldn't be a pilot because of my bad eyesight....but maybe if I start drinking more.....

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Ohhh....a pilot who likes to KILL people??? Even better!!! ;-) Sounds like the beginning of a really bad B-movie.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home