Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Google takes over the world

Google is literally taking over the world. Really. They have this new software program called Google Earth that allows you to "fly" all over the world and gain a bird's eye view of everything! It's truly a dynamic AND free software that blows most other satellite programs, for the layperson, out of the water! You can even chart a course from point A to point B and "play" the entire route so that you get a sense of how to drive that route! Neat, huh?

Ah yes, the techno-geeks of Northern California have done it again! Google is giving Microsoft a run for its money. California IS better than Washington! I must say that I am becoming more and more of a Google bitch; after all, my email, blog, search engine, internal website at work's search engine, and now my whole world is in their hands.

"Revenge of the nerds" has become more and more of a reality since the tech bubble of the late 90s! What will happen to the "cool" kids????

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Dern said...

(warning mapping geek talk) Even though NASA Worldwind wasn't aimed for the same crowd, that's my mapping poison. Great for using the USGS Topo maps, overlaid on an accurate 3D elevation globe, with a changing viewpoint....lets me know how strenuous that hike really is. And its an Open Source free program too.

Actually I'm just waiting for Google Brain.....then life would be just like that movie.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home