Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, May 23, 2005

Human cloning

South Koreans have been busy in the laboratory as of late. They are cloning humans!! Again!! Now, for those of you who don't know what cloning is, let me tell you that it is not like the movie "Multiplicity". The process of cloning takes place by extracting stem cells from young embryos. Personally, it would be more fun if cloning was indeed like "Multiplicity". I think this world would be a better place if I made droves of clones of myself. Okay, on second thought, that would be a very scary thing. Can you imagine there being more than one of me??? Even I shudder at the very thought....

Cloning is so reminiscent of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". Before we know it, we will all be born in laboratories and divided into different castes, created specifically for certain tasks. I don't know about you, but my genes are going to be implemented into the Alpha Plus caste, thank you very much.

I am looking forward to the day when we can live in a utopian society of blissfully unaware people who live their daily lives the way they do because they don't know any better. Hmmm...sounds like society right now. Funny that we don't consider it utopian and yet, people go about their days like trained mice which was Huxley's utopian society. Foreshadowing can be an eerie feeling, especially when it applies to real life situations.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Dern said...

How else am I gonna get that slice of cheese? I can't let Jones get there first.......

Lately, I'm imagining pure utopia ultimately being boring.....there needs to be downs to balance the ups.....and (in regards to distinct castes that don't mix) differences to breed creativity......

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Breeding creativity is always so much fun, isn't it??? :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Dern said...

I now have a new mental picture for that phrase....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home