Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, June 13, 2005

Bruingirl Travels...Again!

I just got back from Cabo San Lucas. I was there from Wednesday through Saturday night for a wedding. For those of you unfamiliar with Cabo, it is a city at the southernmost tip of Baja California. No, it is not part of California. It is part of Mexico.

Weddings are interesting social gatherings. It is a rite of passage that most people experience as they move from a life of "Mr. Smith" to "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". They are joyous occasions where everyone has an excuse to become extremely intoxicated and make complete idiots of themselves on the dance floor. There is always that one or two people who get a bit overboard. This wedding was no different.

There was Big Al who started taking off his shirt to "Pour Some Sugar on Me". Why? I guess it was getting too warm for him. Then, there was 'Doza who tried to charm his way into every woman's dress. Let's just say that he was so intoxicated by the end of the night that there were stories of him and missing the toilet.

Yes, weddings and open bars go hand in hand. Where would we get all of our material for great stories without drunken wedding attendees?

As for me, I have never done anything stupid at a wedding! ;-)

5 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Through the haze of the lampshade on my head; I thought that was the both of you I saw seductively dancing up on the stage with the groom......

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Astera said...

Ah, isn't it fun when frat boys get married? The story about 'Doza reminded me of 28th Street and its "Connections" page. Sounds like he and the toilet were a missed connection!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Astera - it's funny that you mention the 28th Street and its "Connections" page - that is exactly what went through my mind after I wrote that blog. Remember when Bushek was in there for a hopeful divorce? It said Bushek and the Pike Rm#3 toilet or something like that...

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Can't say I have ever been left on 28th or Gayley....although I have woken up in strange places on Gayley before....
BTW, what the hell were you doing living in the valley????

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Nothing beats a state school edumacation I always say....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home