Blog is me....

What is blogging? Where did it come from? How does "blog" even become a word? Does this mean that I can coin my own words too?

Monday, January 17, 2005

Snow, sand, and surf

There is nothing more wonderful than living in Southern California! Where else can you snowboard and walk on the beach in shorts and a tee, all in one day? Upon checking the weather conditions, Joy and I packed up our snow gear and headed to the mountains. After a painless 1hr 15 min drive, we were pulling into the parking lot at Mt. High.
Apparently, parking at Mt. High is just as difficult as parking in L.A.! The two parking lots were both full so we were directed to keep going. Where do we park? I wondered, as the police officer kept motioning for us to keep moving. After driving past the 2nd parking lot, I realized that we were never going to find parking. That's when a brilliant idea popped up in my head (I know, you're thinking "uh-oh"). There was an area of the lot where a security guard had been standing in front of one of those crowd control barricades. You know, the type that people have to stay behind at red carpet events and stuff. As we were driving back, he was no longer there and I realized that my car was small enough to squeeze in between the barricade and the wall of snow. I was feeling like quite the delinquent as I edged my car up against another car that was parked there legally. That's when some teenagers, whose cars we were parked in front of, came up to us and commented on how "trippy" it was that we were able to park there. We felt rather young as we put these teenagers in awe of our ability to break the rules of Mt. High. :)
After a solid 4hrs of boarding, we drove back to the beach where we were greeted with 80 degree temperatures. We enjoyed the rest of the day watching the surf, walking in the sand, and eating Wahoo's, home of the world's best fish tacos. Quite the idyllic day, don't you think?

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Bitchin'....(oh wait age showing); trippy!

(the islands have snow and the beach all in one day. Hah!)

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said...

Bitchin as used in "Have a bitchin summer and K.I.T!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home